Ultrasonic sensors are our passion.
- Machine manufacturing
- Packaging machines
- Factory automation (assembling machines, robots)
- Process control (chemistry, food, construction)
- Door automation
- Person and animal detection
- Vehicle detection
- ... and much more
- Lean, flexible, efficient organization
- Rugged sensors with high sensitivity
- Know-how - in-house production of ultrasonic transducers
- Well established Swiss quality worldwide for over 20 years
- Standard product range as well as customized solutions
- short delivery time
Ultrasonic sensors are mainly used in machine manufacturing and process control for distance measurement, as proximity switch or for room supervision.
The proximity type sensors work after the principle of time of flight measurement of sound. The time of flight in air (forth and back) is approx. 6ms per meter. The new innovative ultrasonic fork sensors however work after the principle of sound amplitude evaluation.
Compared to other measuring principles ultrasound is very robust. It passes dirty environment as well, and it is reflected by almost all surfaces. Thus it is independent of material, colour and surface structure of the target to be detected.
On the right one sees the remarkable influence of ultrasonic frequency on the sensor characteristics.
sonic lobe at 100kHz
sonic lobe at 200kHz
sonic lobe at 300kHz
- Independent of material, surface, colour, size
- Works under dust, dirt, fog, bright light
- Detects transparent and shining objects
- Wide measuring ranges from few mm up to >5m
Limits of ultrasonic sensors
- Relatively slow (switching speed approx. 1...25Hz)
- Exception: Ultrasonic barrier (>200Hz)
- Resolution approx. 0.5...2mm (due to wave lenght of sound)
- Works only in air
- Have problems with very hot or very cold targets